Friday Woodmere Music Club Young Artists Competition
The Friday Woodmere Music Club is a non-profit organization made up
of classical instrumentalist and vocalists.. Some are currently
performing with major orchestras, opera companies, ensembles and as
soloists and teachers.
We have enjoyed a fine reputation for many
years and are proud of our contribution to the musical community. One of
the endeavors of which we are most proud of is our sponsorship of a
bi-annual Young Artists Competition. We recognize the need to encourage
young classical musicians who are in pursuit of a serious musical career
by giving them an opportunity to be auditioned by distinguished judges.
In addition to awarding cash prizes to winners, we have, as in the past,
arranged for our 1st prize winners to appear on Robert Sherman's WQXR
McGraw Hill Young Artist Showcase.
Young Artist Competition
- Audition for the 34th Young Artists Competition of the Friday Woodmere
Music Club of Long Island will be held Saturdays, March 12- April 9, 2016.
- The purpose of these autioions is to give young musicias
planning a career in classical music and opportunity bto be heard by eminent
judges. Cash prizes will be awarded in four categories: Piano, Strings,
Winds and Voice. Prize winner will be presented in concert at the Hewlett
Woodmere Library, 1125 Broadway, Hewlett, NY on Sunday , June 5,2016.
- Pianists: (ages 14-18) prepare from memory, two contrasting works from baroque or classical period and one from the romantic or modern/contemporary period. Finalists only may prepare a third composition of their own choosing.
- Strings, Woodwinds: (ages 14-18) Prepare two contrasting works: one from baroque or classical period and one from the romantic/contemporary period. One movement of a concerto or sonata is acceptable in either
- Voice: (ages 18-25) Prepare from memory, an aria from an opera or oratorio and two art songs of different languages and styles.
All applications must be completed by the student and signed by the teacher,
accompanied by the $25 registration fee and proof of age. The completed form
must be received by February 1, 2016.
for the Application Form
The following auditions will be held at the Hewlett-Woodmere Library, 1126 Broadway, Hewlett, NY.
Saturday March 12, 2016 10:30AM
March 19, 2016 10:30AM
April 2, 2016 10:30AM
April 9, 2016 10:30AM
Audition times will be assigned. Contestants needing an accompanist must bring their own.
For further information:
email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 516-486-1183